Thursday, February 15, 2007

Back to work tomorrow

It became really clear that it was not just a small intestinal problem, it was definitely a bit of the flu. Luckily for me, it was mild enough that a couple days off seems to have me back at 100%. We'll find out for certain tomorrow.

Been battling a small calf issue too, posterior tibialis and soleus. It's actually the same thing that slowed me for much of last year. Tomorrow morning I'm headed to see my ART guy, Dan Selstad. Dan works on all the big Ironman folks here in San Diego, (Michellie, Sian Welch, Kate Major, Paula, etc.) I'm another one of his success stories, as he helped keep me healthy and ready for Ironman Florida. I'm seeing him as a precaution, so he'll nip this crap in the bud! I'm pretty sure I know what's causing it, so I'll need to discuss it with him.

After I see Dan, it's going to be a big weekend! Friday is a big swim, (sprints), with Saturday being long on the bike and a short t-run, and Sunday being a long run, over 2 hours.

On another note, I'll also be doing a racer diary for www.InsideTriathlon.com, so check it out in the coming days!

More to come...

Vance - 2007 NFA

No comments: