Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Back on track!

The past two days have been a big boost to get me fired up and back on track! Tuesday was a good swim, followed by a 14 mile run steady, SOLEUS FEELING GREAT! Dropped it down under 6 min miles and the heartrate was still so low, I wondered if it was right, or my splits were off. Held it for about 6 miles, no problem.

Today started off with a solid swim, even rocking the butterfly! Finished with just under 5000 yards, then home for some breakfast, and waited for my training partner and friend, Mac Brown to show up. Then he and I proceeded to put in 4 1/2 hours on the bike, and get this....10 TIMES UP MOUNT SOLEDAD! Yes, that's right, 656 feet of climbing, 10 times, for over 6500 feet of climbing! We went up the steady inclines, the step-ups, and even the STEEP, STEEP ones. We did two sets of 5, odds were big gear seated, evens were high cadence, or out of saddle.

It was probably the hardest single workout I've done this year so far. After the ride, it was home and out the door for a 30 min easy jog. Feeling great and surprised how quick I ran considering how trashed my legs felt. AND THE SOLEUS FELT GREAT!

It was great to have Mac with me, as it kept the workout intense and consistent, NO LET DOWNS!

So tomorrow is my day off. What does a pro triathlete do on their day off you ask? Everything else in the world that needs to get done outside of swimming, biking and running! That means a crap ton of errands, eat, massage therapy, and whatever else my wife tells me!

I'll try to get a copy of the data from the workout to post here, especially the elevation. In the meantime, I hope all of you are healthy and training well!

Vance - 2007 NFA

No comments: