Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Ok, definitely feeling the workload!

I thought I felt it yesterday, and I did. Then today, I felt it even more! Maybe it didn't help that today was big day as well!

Started the day with 4K in the water at 7:30 AM. Wednesday is our time trial day at the UCSD masters, and my time has slowed 3% over the last 2 weeks from my fastest 200 I had set when I got back from Panama.

This is good news and bad news. The bad news is I'm just not swimming as fast as I was, but really, that's not too bad. The Panama trip gave me a chance to rest, and since the return I have been training quite hard. This proves my workload is high, and I'm on the track. It also helps to show that I can expect a minimum of 3% improvement when I rest, but chances are I will be looking more at a 10% improvement being likely after I finish these last blocks of training in April. It could just be wishful thinking, but training is pretty logical.

After the pool today, it was home for some breakfast, then on the bike for 3 1/2 hours, with 5 times up Mt Soledad. After the ride I headed home and ate a little something before heading back to UCSD for my run and drills with accelerations, and hit the weight room at the rec center.

Finally home and done with the day's workouts, and it was almost 7 PM.

Otherwise, it's time for me to start recovering for getting ready for Carlsbad 5000. Should be a great speed workout for me. I'm looking forward to a light three days.

My clients seem to be ready to go this Saturday at Oceanside 70.3. I'm looking forward to watching the race and seeing how they do. My biggest challenge is getting them to rest properly and still believe they are fit. We'll see how it goes.

Vance - 2007 NFA

No comments: