Monday, March 26, 2007

Finally, a rest day!

So it's Monday, my first rest day in what seems like forever! Ok, it was last Thursday, but that felt like forever, considering how busy I was that day!

I know I've been slacking on the blog, and I will try to keep it at no less than 5 posts a week.

The training this past weekend went pretty well. I've got two bigger days Tuesday and Wednesday, then shut things down for the Carlsbad 5000 on Sunday. Not sure what to expect out at C-bad, as originally I thought I might come close to the 15:00 barrier, but now I think 15:30-15:45 is more relastic, as my speed just doesn't seem to be there yet. Not bad though, for an Ironman guy!

Been looking at the Wildflower entry list and who is scheduled to be there. Looking like quite an impressive field:

Simon Lessing
Craig Walton
Greg Remaly
Luke Bell
Bryan Rhodes
Josiah Middaugh
Leon Griffin
Brian Fleischman
Brian Lavelle

I'm sure there will be more to add as the time gets near, and I know I'm missing a few already, but you get the idea. It appears the defending champ, Terenzo Bozzone, will not be racing as he is coming off knee surgery from a bike crash. Well, if I needed any extra motivation, looking at that list should help.

Saturday I will be out watching the California 70.3 race here in Oceanside. Should be fun, with about 7 clients doing the race and a bunch of friends. I know I will wish I was racing, but I'm glad I'm waiting for Wildflower.

If you're going to be out at the races this weekend, say hello!

Vance - 2007 NFA

No comments: