Sunday, March 4, 2007

Another weekend down

The weekend is over, and I am back to normal. Still coughing up a bit of my lungs, but no more medicine, thankfully. I am definitely feeling better. Although, I had a few beers and burgers at Rocky's Tavern which have had me feeling a little sick this evening. Once you get away from that greasy stuff, it's amazing how the body doesn't want it anymore.

I did a steady 90 mins this AM, followed by an open-water swim workout with about 6 or 7 of my local clients. We met at La Jolla shores, and it was a nice day, about 75 degrees. The water was a bit cold though, around 60 degrees. Made for a chilly start!

We practiced a lot of crowded starts, sprints to a buoy, drafting and left turns, to prepare for Oceanside. Most of my clients will be doing the 70.3 race there.

I brought out a new buoy I had, and tested out my new Zenith for the 2007 season. Good little session. Now that I'm writing this, I wish I had taken some pictures, IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL DAY!

Monday morning I will be packing up the bike for Panama, and then seeing Roch Frey in the afternoon to do a lactate test on my tri bike.

I'll have to clean up my mountain bike a bit before I pack it, because on Saturday I rode with my boys Rob and Kevin, showing them Black Mountain. It was pretty muddy, but a lot of fun! On the steep descent on the back side, Kevin nearly ate it! Front wheelie, not sure how he managed to hold it.

In other news, I should have my new bikes soon after returning from Panama! Apparently the tri bike and mtn bike will be equipped FULLY with SRAM! I'm pretty excited about it! Probably means I'll be selling my other bikes soon. Anybody interested? I'll post the pics of them on here for sale soon, but let me know if you're interested.

Soon I'll begin the Panama portion of the blog...stay tuned!

Vance - 2007 NFA

No comments: