Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thanksgiving in February!


While riding up Torrey Pines hill yesterday, the workout was getting better and better. I had done a hard 15 miler in the morning, and now was banging out hill repeats at threshold wattage. I could feel how my force was transferring so well thru my Look 496, seeing it on the power meter, and catching some amazing glances of the Pacific Ocean. Suddenly, I felt very blessed, and thankful for so much in my life.


I'm thankful for my decision to move to San Diego. It has brought me opportunities and introduced me to people who have had profound affects on my life. (And the great weather keeps me upbeat, positive and training well!)

I was/am thankful for my fitness! I continue to improve, and though I have had 2 hiccups with some running, things otherwise have gone nearly flawless.

I am so thankful for Look, and their support of me. The 496 is an absolutely amazing, and BEAUTIFUL bike. I can't wait for the 986!

I am thankful for the fact I can train, and race triathlons. I know there are many people who would love to be in my position, with the opportunities I have.

I am thankful for my sponsors, like B+L and Zoot, who have supported me from the beginning of my triathlon endeavors. I have grown up with both these companies, and they have grown with me. It's an intimate connection with them, which means a lot to me.

I am thankful for my clients, who allow me to continue my love for teaching, and participate in their hard-work journey and successes.

I am thankful for my coach, Joe Friel, who continues to teach me a lot, holds me accountable, and provides objective perspectives for me.

I am thankful for the past coaches who I've been blessed to learn from as well, Peter Reid and Greg Welch.

I am thankful for my wonderful wife, here on Valentine's Day. She continues to amaze me, with how much she gets me to love her more and more everyday. I thought she was wonderful when I first met her, and first married her, but it's amazing seeing her growth as a person continue in so many great ways.

There are probably many other things I am thankful for, but won't bother listing them all here now. I think I've covered the main ones which were in my head on the ride.

I leave for Phoenix tomorrow morning, for the first annual Training Bible Coaching Coaches Meeting. The meeting is on Saturday, then on Sunday is my biggest training day of the year so far. Check it out on the training log.

If I get the chance, I will make announcement on this blog this weekend. It's pretty cool, and a great start to the season!

Hope everyone's training is going great as well, and you find the things you're thankful for this season.

Vance

No comments: