Monday, February 25, 2008

It's about time for an update!

Doing my best to be a....


(Yeah, I know it would look better centered with the valve stem, but that would have been a mess and a lot of work for vanity.)

It's about time for an update, and there are a ton of things I could write about, but I'll keep this post simple...

1. I'm healing from my calf injury, 100% now and excited! Sunday was a run on my local 10K route and ran the fastest time of the year, all in zone 1, so a great sign despite only running 15 miles last week. Should be good to go this week.

2. This week is HUGE! Last check, it was just a shade under 31 hours.

3. I leave for Saipan one week from today. Will have more on this trip soon, and plan to take plenty of pictures and even video! Be sure to check back here for more updates on it.

4. Last, but certainly not least....MY BRAND NEW LOOK 986!!! Saipan, here it comes!


The machine.


The drivetrain.



The experiment...testing the Polar power meter off-road. I'll keep you posted on my tri tech review blog.

SRAM XO shifter, with Avid Juicy carbon lever hydraulic brakes, and remote lockout on the Reba front fork.

Special thanks to JT for the wheels, (including the High Roller tire), since they weren't ready yet, and he was gracious enough to lend me his Cross Max SLR wheelset!

Vance

3 comments:

Zippy said...

I'm so friggn' jealous, that rig is SA-WEET! You may wanna ditch those High Rollers, they're heavy. Try the Crossmarks or the LArsen TT's if you're diggin Maxxis...

Unknown said...

Dude, that Look has a very close resemblance to a road bike! Did you simply swap the fork and wheels???? Very Sweet ride! Good Luck in Saipan, I'll be watchin ya!

AirportGyms.com said...

how do you pack that frame in a bike case with the mast seat post being fixed? do you have to take off the fork to make room for that frame to fit?