Saturday, June 21, 2008

Twas the night before....


Tony and I, after he made some final adjustments to my bike.



Well, it's almost time. It's been a good day. Went out the race venue and did an easy brick with some surges to race pace. Everything is running smoothly, as the body feels good, almost no sluggishness at all. The run was a tad sluggish, but even the pace was fairly quicker from the start than when I feel sluggish.

After the brick, went to eat at the Dockside restaurant at the resort for a large brunch, and then to check in the bike and bags. After that, it was home to relax for the rest of the day. I made the decision not to leave the house, and do as little as possible. I've pretty much accomplished it.

1 PM was an hour massage with William, and the body is definitely ready to go! Today Orlanda went to the grocery store to get some dinner and some DVD's. She made a great dinner for all of us, and we enjoyed "Blue Collar Comedy Tour". A great movie to watch pre-race, because it kept me really loose and laughing. Totally took my mind off of the race.

I'll be heading to bed shortly, and up around 3:30. Tomorrow morning I get my first sip of coffee in almost 2 weeks! Looking forward to that.

I need to make sure to say thanks to everyone who has sent me good luck emails, text messages, and left comments on here. It means a lot to me that so many of you would take the time to do that. Thank you very much, and we will see how it goes tomorrow.


This is Sue, who reads my blog. She was bummed my camera battery was dead, and there weren't any photos. So she was one of the first we took a photo of with the recharged battery!

For those of you that don't know, you can follow the race live, with athlete tracking, text updates, and even some live video, at www.Ironman.com.

That's all for now...


Do I look cool now?

Vance

PS - In the meantime, Marcus was just showing me his new motorcycle...check it out, and if you've read the book and know the story, really study the bike and see all the amazing custom stuff based on the book the guy did!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Thanks Jim..I have enjoyed reading your blog and following your journey...I am in awe ...and all that you stand for. Good racing tomorrow...Hope you continue to come back to our beautiful city...