Monday, November 19, 2007

Remember the Alamo!

Jim and Marcus, enjoying a few beers. (Ok, it was more than a few. Hey, it's still the off-season!)

Back from Texas, and I had a great time. Even though I went there as a coach, I learned many great things to help me as an athlete. I am excited to put many of these items into my own training. If you want a bit more detail about what I learned in Texas, check out my coaching blog.

One of the great things about the trip was the chance to catch-up and see my friend Marcus Luttrell. Marcus has been a bit busy ever since he wrote his book, Lone Survivor. I hadn't seen him or his brother in a number of months, so it was a great chance to catch-up. When I told some of the Seals out here that I was going there, they decided to come along too. They figured they just needed a good reason to go, and I gave it to them.

It was cool to meet Billy Shelton, the guy Marcus talks so much about in the book. He wanted one of my Heartrate Monitors shirts, and I felt honored to give him one. I was able to catch a photo too...

So now I am starting back at training, but light. Joe was in Texas as well, and we talked about the upcoming weeks and my training. I think I'll be back at it pretty good after the holiday weekend. Heading to Michigan with a red-eye flight tomorrow night, then back on Sunday. It's a lot of travel for me this month.

And don't worry, I plan on keeping my promise of sharing all the data I have on my training. I even plan on using a Garmin 305, in combination with the PowerTap, and tracking it all on WKO+ software, for everyone to follow with. Stay tuned!

Vance

No comments: