Sunday, April 19, 2009

Brother and Sunset

I had dinner with my brother this week. It was the first time we've talked in over a year. He moved to San Diego, but a dispute kind of put us at odds. He "manned-up" and made the first contact to fix things, ironically just 2 days after Orlanda and I had talked and decided it was time for me to contact him.

I love him, and it was great to see him. It's funny how the stuff you hold between family seems so big in principle, but when it comes down to it, you love your family and find it amazing you let stuff come between you.

I hope to spend much more time with him in the coming months, maybe even bring him to some of the events I'll be headed to, and expose him to more of my life as a coach, (and former, perhaps one day again, athlete). I think he's got great potential to do amazing things, he just needs to see someone he respects and cares about be an example how it can be done.

Soon after finishing this post, I'll be walking down the 5 blocks to the Pacific Ocean, and watching the sunset with Orlanda. It's at 7:20 PM this evening, and I'm looking forward to enjoying it with her. I love San Diego. Each time I think I would consider living somewhere else, I'm reminded how amazing and beautiful it is here. If you're thinking of changing your life and want to move someplace amazing, I would keep this place on your list. I did, and I will never regret it.

Life continues to move in the right direction, and it's tough to worry about a bad economy, politics, etc, when you live in your own wonderful bubble. At times I think my bubble is too small, but most of the time, I like that it's small. San Diego is great, and life is great here.

I'm heading to Chicago this weekend for a big underwater swim video analysis clinic, and hope if you're in the area, you'll consider coming. I will teach you more about swimming in a few hours than you've probably learned in years!

http://www.active.com/page/Event_Details.htm?event_id=1713177&assetId=C7865C7A-5687-4A46-8EBA-AB495B6987CE

Hope to see you around...

Vance

No comments: