Monday, December 29, 2008

The best sports story of 2008!

First off, thank you to all of you who emailed me with well-wishes and things, after my decision to step away from racing this next year. I appreciate the thoughts and kind words, and hope to see the fire return sometime soon.

On to the topic of this post...In my opinion, this is the greatest story of 2008 in sports. I am biased because of my teaching background, and coaching kids, but I still think it's clear. Enjoy, and be sure to watch both parts. It always brings a tear to my eye. Why? Because it always reminds me of how much I love my wife, Orlanda. It makes me think of the impression and lasting affect I have on the world, when my time comes. Hopefully, if I go she'll know how much she meant to me, like this video shows he meant to her...





Part 2...



Vance

1 comment:

Bobby Flanagan said...

Thank you! As a high school coach and teacher I know what magic is to work with young people. The inspire me to be a better person and a better athlete.
Peace to you this holiday season
bobby