Monday, April 14, 2008

IMAZ

Yesterday, in between workouts and other projects, I watched Ironman Arizona. What a race! Honestly, it only made me more bummed not to be in the race. Congrats to Jordan on his first IM podium. It's something special.

I had to laugh when they listed me in the pre-race media release, as I had dropped out a month ago. I also thought TJ Tollakson should have been named in it, after all he was 2nd at IM Louisville, after leading much of the day.

It was cool to see a group of Americans fighting it out for the win though. Makes me realize the fields just get tougher and deeper. Major's run though, wow! In that heat, 2:50 is something amazing. Especially when you consider how much faster it was than anyone else.

I am back running now, but still have a long ways to go. Joe sent me some files showing me how much work I still have to do on my run. I checked the entrants list for Coeur d'Alene, and Victor is returning to try and defend his title. He will be prepared, as he always is. If I needed anymore motivation, I got it this week. Talk about a guy who can run!

Time for a run and hit the weight room...

Vance

No comments: