Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Palomar...MUCH BETTER!


As I stated in the last post, I had blown up and had an awful ride up Palomar last Friday. Today I went back with Mac, and it was MUCH BETTER!


If you haven't heard of Mount Palomar, check out the photo above, and this website:



I don't want to give out any direct performance indicators, since my competitors may be reading this, but I will tell you that I was over 7 mins faster for the climb, (while in the aerobars even more), and averaged 31 watts more for the climb than Friday!


This also after a big day Tuesday, which included a 30 min run before my AM swim. Swim was just short of 4K, with over 1800 meters at race pace or faster. In the afternoon, it was a 90 min workout with 3 x 2 miles, descending, and 30 min high cadence spin on the trainer after that.
That's all for now...Tomorrow is a much needed rest day, and a chance to get a lot of things done. Looking forward to it.
Vance - 2007 NFA

No comments: