Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Cool stuff...

Back with another post...



With Peter Reid as my coach, I've been able to meet a lot of cool people, and have some great opportunities. One of the coolest opportunities I have had recently was meeting another client of Peter's, Andy Christian, a Lieutenant in the Marine Corp. I was able to ride with him and help him in his preparations some for Ironman Arizona.

The amazing thing about Andy is that he was able to raise over $60,000 for injured and deceased Marines and their families, with his training and racing. Impressive to say the least. Not only that, he ended up racing pretty well and carrying a US flag for the entire marathon!

Check out his race report at Peter's website. Awesome job Andy!





http://www.peterreid.com/journals/tour_of_duty/duty_07-04-19.htm

Andy really inspired me, and I'm excited to announce that I will have a custom designed suit for the upcoming season, which will hopefully have a great US-based theme. I'm working with he boys and gals at Sandbox, in Solana Beach, CA. Should be cool....Look for it soon.

Vance - 2007 NFA

1 comment:

barndog said...

that's a great story. Patriots rule! I like the custom suit idea. definitely a crowd pleaser. can't wait to see it.