Wednesday, April 4, 2007

In a big 10 day block

Today's mp3...Cold War Kids - "Hospital Beds" Right click HERE and choose Save As, or Open in New Window... I love this song, and this group!

This morning started with a swim workout, my second day of long course at UCSD! After meeting with Swain, and having him kick my butt in my a weights session yesterday, consisting of 30 chin-ups among other things, I was sluggish at the start. Yesterday I was in the 1:35 lane, but today I started right in the 1:30 lane. As usual, about 2km into the set, I started to find my groove and was moving along pretty well.

In the afternoon, I had a big workout at Fiesta Island here in San Diego. It's a workout of 5 miles hard on the bike, quick transition, 1 mile hard run. There is a 4K loop, which I do twice, making 5 miles, and run to a half-mile marker. I do a 40 min warm-up of running and biking, and complete the set 3 times, with 1 small 4K loop on the bike easy. Each set is about 17 mins of hard effort. The total workout is about 2 and a half hours long.

I won't share the details of how it went, other than each set was faster than the one before it. That's good news. It was also pretty damn windy today, which makes a big difference.

This workout was done to help my speed for Wildflower. I have two, 10-day blocks with 4 days down, (14-day cycle), which will actually give me about 10 days of taper into Wildflower. I will do this Fiesta Island workout one more time in the next cycle. It will be interesting to see how much I improve.

More to come...and check out that mp3!

Vance - 2007 NFA

No comments: