Friday, February 5, 2010

Big Change for the Vance's

Today is a monumental day, signifying big changes in our household, my business, my season, my marriage, and many other things I probably don't even realize yet. No, Orlanda is not pregnant, (although that is what everyone first thinks when I begin to tell them this).


Today is Orlanda's last day at her job, and from this point she will be working with me full-time. It is an incredible opportunity, and one which we are really happy about. It is certainly a risk to leave a paying position during a down economy, but there is so much more to happiness than money.

My business is growing, and I need support, as I am already strung a little thin at times. The only way it can grow like I foresee it, is with support, and she is the perfect person to help me in this venture. She is such a great woman, who is smart and intelligent, that I have always urged her to work for herself, and take the world by storm. This is the first real step in that direction.

The fact I am back to racing is certainly going to challenge my ability to manage all my endeavors, and still perform at a high level, so this is an invaluable and exciting thing for me. We will be traveling to races together, camps around the world, (Spain and San Luis Obispo in March), and continuing with our business ideas together. My TriJuniors program, coaching, webinars, camps, clinics, speaking, training plans, articles, and real estate are just some of the things she'll be helping me with, and we will try to grow.

This is something she/we decided back in October, but waited to finalize. The day has come, and it is a great moment for us! I am so proud of her for having the courage to take this step. It is not easy to take a risk like this, as it requires a lot of self-confidence, trust in your partner to help you make it a success, and a focus on what is important in life, outside of the security of a steady paycheck and job.

The world awaits, and I know she will conquer it.

Vance

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Jim! No doubt you both will be quite the dynamic duo! Phil and I started Hypercat when I left the corporate world in 1999. As you know, you do get strung a little thin (or a lot thin!) at times, but it is all worth it. No regrets, eh? Best wishes to you both!
BTW - I would love to come down train & help out at your SLO/Atascadeo camp...if you are game, drop me a line.

D a v e P said...

Congrats to your wife, Jim!
Definitely more to happiness than money and I think what you and your wife are doing is awesome!

jameson said...

Awesome. so stoked for you guys.

Eric said...

congrats AND GOOD LUCK