Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Taper Time...My boy Marcus...

The taper has started, and I'm ready for it. It's been a long time coming, and it's finally here. Of course, I'm fighting the feeling of wanting to do more, but staying confident in the plan which worked so well at Florida.

Yesterday I got something which help me to fill my time while tapering, Marcus' new book, Lone Survivor. (If you haven't read my prior post on it, check it out.) I've already read the first 30 pages, and it's pretty amazing. I would really encourage people to read it!

This morning, Marcus was on The Today Show, getting interviewed by Matt Lauer. Check it out...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19189482/

I will keep you updated on what my taper looks like, so tune it regularly thru raceday, June 24th, to see how it's going.

Monday - Day off...Massage with my guy Alan. (Alan is doing the swim around Manhattan this weekend!)

Tuesday - Today, light session with my trainer, Swain. Mostly core work and a lot of stretching. Then in the pool for 2K, with some near race pace.

Spending the rest of the day making phone calls, running errands, and working on plans. Soon I'll be back to reading Marcus' book.

Vance - 2007 NFA

2 comments:

barndog said...

Yeah I saw the interview. that was truly some heavy, heavy, stuff.
Looking forward to some more reports.

Anonymous said...

Jim,
best of luck at CdA! It would be fantastic to see you on top of the podium!
I just read the story and watched the interview with your boy Marcus. What an true American hero this guy is. Please thank him for his service, which Matt Lauer didn't do (on camera at least). I will certainly be picking up a copy of his book.

CPT Jeremy Kaczor
US Army