Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Life's highs and lows

Sometimes it seems like life is passing us by, and we're just waiting for something to happen. Other times life hits with a bunch of negative stuff, and we wonder how we're going to make it. Even other times life brings us some wonderful things that we stop and ponder what an incredible opportunity life and existence is. And incredibly, life can bring us all of both positive and negative extremes at the same time, making it all bitter and sweet at the same time. This has been my life the past few weeks.

About 2 weeks ago, I had an investment finally cash in, giving Orlanda and I the green light to buy a home. It's been something we've worked extremely hard for over many months, and when this happened to help with our down payment, it was

I went to Wildflower as a coach, and did some cool video work for Triathlete Magazine, which should help me as a coach. I also had some great experiences with athletes there, and I left thankful I had attended. But on the day of the trip up to Wildflower, I received notice from my mom that her sister has terminal cancer, only 3-4 months to live. Her chemotherapy did not stop the cancer.

Also that morning, I received notification that my athlete, Matt Hoover, winner of the Biggest Loser, was granted a spot in Kona. This is a great opportunity, and something we had been working toward.

The very next day, Orlanda's teenager sister went to the doctor and they found tumors in her pelvis. A few days later they confirmed the tumors were benign, but it was still a shock to the system, and hard on the family.

This same week, one of my investments cashed me out, and was the final step in helping Orlanda and I buy a home. We are pre-qualified now searching for a place. Exciting times.

So it 's been up and down. My hope is the up keeps coming, or at least I avoid the downs better.

Not really training, but being more active, and enjoying that. Thinking about trying CrossFit, but we'll see. Not sure I can do much with the house search.

Vance

No comments: