Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Interview at Finish-Line Multisport

I recently did an interview at Finishline-Multisport.com.....

Written by Kevin Koresky

Jim Vance Q&A In 2004 this gentlemen was the XTERRA Amateur World Champion and in 2005 he became the ITU Men 25-29 World Champion. He left a career in teaching to chase down a career in triathlon. Did he really leave his teaching roots behind? I have known this pro for three years; his teaching desire has never faded as he joined a group of us for dinner three nights before Ironman Arizona. He fielded every question the group had thrown at him, offering priceless advice and tips to our group. Please take this moment to get to know the husband, coach and teacher: Jim Vance.

KK: Jim please tell our readers a little bit about yourself, where did you grow up and what were your sports background growing up?

JV: I grew up mostly in Michigan and went to high school in Indianapolis, Indiana. I was mostly a basketball and football player growing up, never good at endurance sports, nor was I exceptionally athletic. In high school I joined the cross country and track teams my junior year. 2 years later I was a 3-time All-State runner, sub 4:20 miler, and was headed to the University of Nebraska to run cross country and track as a walk-on. I was a steeple-chaser and cross country guy there, helping the team to its best ever finish at the NCAA's of 7th place. By my senior season, I was granted a full-scholarship.


Read the rest at: http://finishline-multisport.com/component/content/article/107/107

Heading to Tucson tomorrow, for Tri-Fest and a TrainingBible camp. Should be a fun 10 days!

Vance

No comments: